During the Fall 2015 Semester, I took a Writing, Rhetoric & Communication course called Business Writing. The class is taught by Dr. Kerri Hauman at Transylvania University.
As stated on the syllabus, the goals of the course are:
- Increase knowledge of rhetorical conventions so you are better able to analyze and respond to on-the-job writing situations
- Experience writing across a variety of media and genres using various tools, and improve ability to make rhetorically-based effective designs about these options
- Produce/update texts of use to you in the future (e.g. résumé, LinkedIn profile)
- Increase knowledge of stylistic and grammatical writing conventions
- Experience writing individually and collaboratively, for varied purposes and audiences