During May Term 2017, I am taking my final class as an undergraduate student. The class is titled as Writing for Change and is taught by Dr. Kerri Hauman at Transylvania University.
As stated on the syllabus, the goals of the course are to:
- Identify concerns related to Transy’s student and academic life
- Analyze effective strategies and appropriate audiences in order to address identified concerns
- Write across a variety of media and genre using various tools, and improve ability to make rhetorically-based effective decisions about these options
- Write individually and collaboratively, for a variety of purposes and audiences
- Use recursive stages of inventing, composing, peer reviewing, editing, and revising to improve course projects.